Which van are you interested in hiring?
TEARS VAN HIRE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How old do I need to be to hire a van?
- Drivers must be aged between 21 and 69 years of age and held a full driving license for at least 3 years. Drivers are required to hold the relevant categories on your license for the van they will be hiring.
- Can I hire a van with points on my license?
- Drivers with points on their license are required to declare this when they book. Contact us for more information.
- Do I need to pay a deposit on the van?
- Yes a deposit of £500 is required prior to collection of your van. You may be able to reduce the deposit to £100 by payment of an excess waiver. The deposit is refunded to yourself as long as the condition of the van upon return is acceptable.
- What do I need to bring when hiring a van?
- Each and every driver of the van will be required to bring:
You will also be required to pay any outstanding costs.
- Driving license
- National Insurance number or DVLA Check Code
- 2 forms of printed ID (ie. bank statement or utility bill) to verify your current address.
- Can I add additional drivers?
- Yes, through prior arrangement. A £5 charge is applied for extra drivers and they will have to provide and fill out the relevant documentation.
- Is there a mileage charge?
- No. We allow unlimited mileage.
- What areas do we cover?
- We are based in Sutton Bridge, Spalding, Lincolnshire, but our vans are driven all over the UK and abroad.
- Can I drive the van abroad?
- Yes, via prior arrangement. Drivers taking the van overseas must be between 25 and 69 years of age, holding a valid driving license for at least 3 years. Additional charges may apply.
- What is the insurance excess?
- In the event of an insurance claim the hirer will be liable to the current excess of £500. However, the excess can be reduced to £100 by payment of a damage waiver. (Drivers under 25 and holders of International Licences excess £500)
- Can the van be delivered to me?
- Due to covid we are currently not offering collection or delivery
- How old are your vans?
- All our vans are less than 4 years old.
- What do I do if the van breaks down?
- Call our 24 hour breakdown service on 01406 350218. Alternatively, call 01406 359369. We will arrange roadside assistance or recovery nationwide.
- What do I do in the event of an accident?
- You must contact Tears Rental on 01406 350218 or 01406 359369 and alert us straight away, get all the details of other party involved in the accident and any witnesses - photos where possible are great help - note location, date, time and any other information that will be helpful.